Unintentional short trip to the past

These past 2 weeks, I've been spending most of my days buried in paperwork. I often found myself staying up late into the night, trying to catch up on all my tasks.

One particular night, after hours of staring at spreadsheets and documents, I decided to take a break. It was already past 1 am, I was tired and drained. But instead of getting some rest, I started to browse the internet, looking for something interesting to distract myself from work. That's when I....randomly Google my own name out of nowhere. Little did I know, this random shit ended up dragging me to an unintentional short trip to the past. 

The search results showed an old blog I created a few 12 years ago. Yes, it was this blog. I had completely forgotten about it! Curiosity got the best of me, and I clicked on the link.

As I scrolled through the posts, it felt like I was walking down memory lane. The words I wrote so long ago, brought memories back in a vivid show. I read about my hopes and fears, all the trials and tribulations through the years.

This blog had been a therapeutic outlet for me, a place to share my thoughts and feelings with the world. Re-reading the old posts brought me a sense of nostalgia and pain. It was like discovering an unwanted treasure, to be honest.

The posts reminded me of my not-so-flowery teenage life. After spending an hour or so going through the blog, I decided to archive the posts. I don't think I want anyone to see a bunch of angry suicidal cringy posts created by yours truly 12 year-ish ago. 

As much as I hate that phase of my life that made me post a bunch of cringy shits, I gotta admit that my past somehow made me who I am today. So, no, I did not delete it. The trip down memory lane is like a reminder for me, that I've been through a lot of shit and I unfortunately was able to survive.

Despite the continuous ups and downs, the life I am living now is actually the comfort zone that I achieved. I'm not saying I'm living a luxurious perfect life. I might not be surrounded by diamonds and gold, but as someone who used to hear the sound of shattered glass upon the hardened ground with every step that I take, I am truly grateful for the path I am walking right now. The shattered glass I stepped on is now turned into sparkly glitters. And to me, it's a luxury. ☺

Comments